From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 13:02:41 -0500
To ANYONE who thinks it's permissible to enter private property to find
relics, with or without permission, I'd like to observe that such action
deprives the world of the knowledge that might be gained by a professional
archaeological study of such sites.  That alone ought to be compelling to
anyone who is seriously collecting "in the name of history."