From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:19:06 -0500
John-
I would say that foggers are not a good idea.  No matter how well you try to
seal the kitchen off, the fogger will find the smallest cracks.  In
addition, I'm not sure it would be effective.  Wood boring insects
especially powder post beetles are difficult to kill and are not like other
types of beetles.  You may want to take a little time to research them and
their treatment on the internet.  I know there is a lot of materials
available.  When I was in Wisconsin, we used a liquid that we sprayed (could
also be applied) on large areas and that was very effective but I don't
remember the name.  Is the wooden furniture effected?  If not, perhaps it
could be moved temporarily while the kitchen is treated.  Wood boring
beetles usually have to be killed by them ingesting the poison as larvae and
you want to kill them before they mature and fly to a new spot to lay eggs.

I think I still have a couple of contacts in Wisconsin who might be able to
help if you need it.
Tracie

Tracie Evans
Collections Manager