From:
Suzie Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:41:01 -0000
Hi there

I did my PhD on a part-time basis, while simultaneously working part
time jobs within the museums and heritage sector. It was tough going,
but unlike many of my full time PhD student colleagues, who now work as
schoolteachers or even secretaries, I was able to get a full time
relevant job straight away when I finished. I'm convinced this was
because my CV reflected both academic and professional experience.

If you are considering going to Europe to study, I'd recommend the
International Centre for Cultural and Heritage Studies at Newcastle
University (UK), where I studied, University College London, or Museion
at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden, which teaches its courses in
English. There is also some interesting research going on at the moment
into public history at Canterbury Christ Church University in Kent (UK).
If you are interested message me off-list and I can provide you with
some contacts details.

Best wishes

Suzie Thomas