From:
Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:00:49 -0500
http://www.josephpriestleyhouse.org/

Candace Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Heather McClenahan
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 10:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Scientist's historic homes

Hi Linda,
    It's not open to the public yet, but the wartime home of Robert
Oppenheimer is owned by the Los Alamos Historical Society in a life
trust. We have begun the planning process for when it will be open
(the current residents, who are in their late 80s, can live there as
long as they wish). What is the nature of your project?

Heather McClenahan, assistant museum director
Los Alamos Historical Society
http://www.losalamoshistory.org
PO Box 43
1050 Bathtub Row
Los Alamos, NM 87544
505-662-6272 (office)
505-470-2912 (cell)

Quoting Linda Norris <[log in to unmask]>:

> Hi All--
>
> For a project, I'm looking for historic homes that were the homes of
> scientists--inventors, naturalists, engineers, or other kind of science.
> My Google search has only turned up a few (but interestingly, quite a
number
> in countries in the former Soviet Union) and I'm sure there are more.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions the collective wisdom of the list may have.
>
> And as always, don't forget to check out my blogs:  The Uncataloged
> Museum<http://uncatalogedmuseum.blogspot.com>and now also, The
> Pickle Project. <http://pickleproject.blogspot.com>
>
> Linda
>
> --
> Linda Norris
>
> Where to find me:
> Blog: uncatalogedmuseum.blogspot.com
> Twitter: lindabnorris
> Website:  riverhillpartners.com
> E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
> Voice:  607-829-3501
>
> Riverhill
> PO Box 232
> Treadwell, NY  13846

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>  message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).