From:
Wade Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 00:52:11 -0400
Greetings to SEMC and Museum-L:

As Hurricane Floyd approached the South Carolina coast, many of us in
Charleston -- I can certainly included all of us at Drayton Hall -- had
visions of Hugo on our minds last month. We were lucky. We had enough time
to prepare our irreplaceable historic resource and our own homes, and the
storm turned away at the last minute, causing only a few downed trees.
Drayton Hall suffered no broken glass, no water damage, and no other damage
to speak of except a detached gutter. Our worst fears did not come true, and
aside from closing from Tuesday through Saturday for preparations, storm,
and clean-up and the inconvenience of being without power and phones for
three days, we are just fine. Our hearts go out to everyone in North
Carolina and further north who did not fare so well.

--
Wade Lawrence
Assistant Director, Drayton Hall

Museum-L" (without the quotes).