From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 12:17:29 -0500
In a message dated 95-12-28 03:42:53 EST, [log in to unmask] (Hank Burchard)
writes:

>I'm deeply disappointed that Paul Mellon or
>the Washington Post's owners or some of the other obscenely rich
>benefactors of the gallery didn't come forward right away.

here! here! I've spent most of the X-mas holiday outside of DC and listened
to many wealthy people complain about what is going on here in terms of
museum closings, etc. But no one is willing to give their money. Are there
any philanthropists anymore?? I couldn't get to the Vermeer show, how long
will the Homer show be around once the furlough is over?

- Adrienne