From:
"Aderman, Ella" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2015 18:35:46 +0000
If there is a board of directors, under what authority are they operating?  Are there any legal documents - bylaws & incorporation or even a memorandum of understanding?  They don't legally exist without something, nor can they solicit or accept donations in most if not all states, if they aren't a non-profit.

Back to basics!  If there is a corporation/bylaws/non-profit, then that entity is responsible for fundraising.  You also have to be careful you don't inadvertently cut off the funding you already have in the hopes of getting more.  The county and/or tourism bureau may not stay with you.
Ella