From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:53:26 -0500
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Janzen, Mark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Perhaps the private individual would donate their number to the cause. They
> could let you have the number, so if visitors called it, they would get your
> institution, or better yet some cool message about the object and its
> history. A great programming opportunity.

This sounds like a good idea but as someone who has had the same cell
number for over 11 years, I'm not about to switch it if I don't have
to. First of all, I'd have to notify a couple of hundred people that I
know that already have my phone number. Secondly, since this number
has also been printed on the business cards I've been handing out for
nearly that amount of time, I'd worry about missing potential business
contacts or even people that I haven't heard from in years that have
just recently dug my number out of their contact lists.

So I think it's just easier to cover up the number and let the person
keep their cell number.

Deb Fuller