From:
Teresa Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:05:49 -0700
I have forwarded your message to Kristy Hartley at the Towe Auto Museum here in Sacramento.

Teri Pope

Teri Pope
Guide I (PI)
California State Capitol Museum
Sacramento, California

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/13/06 11:46 AM >>>
Hello, please excuse the cross-posting on listserves.

Does anyone have experience purchasing/storing cars for their museums?
My organization has recently purchased one (a lovely 1948 Sheriff's car)
and, as this is our first car, we'd appreciate any tips or suggestions.
Do we need to register the car as well as transfer the title even though
we won't be driving it? Also, we are planning on draining the car of all
of its fluids - is this something that most garages can do or do we need
to find a specialized company?

Thank you for all of your help!

Maeve

Maeve Gaynor

Registrar/Collections Manager

National Law Enforcement Museum

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund

605 E Street, NW

Washington, DC 20004

p:202.737.7718

f: 202.737.7740