From:
Jennifer Uhrhane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 11:49:12 -0400
photo chemistry is considered hazardous material and is also very bad
for the environment. you do NOT get rid of it by pouring it down the
drain. photo businesses/labs and professional photographers actually
have to inform their state that they are using such chemistry and prove
that they are appropriately disposing of it (for example, it has to be
treated to remove silver, or it gets sent off to a processing
facility). even if this is an amount that an amateur would use, all
these smaller amounts of chemistry disposal still eventually add up in
the environment over a period of time. if you care about the
environment, and don't want to break the law, you don't just "safely
pour it down the drain."

also, as far as the usefulness of this chemistry - it all has a shelf
life and i can't imagine any of it is still good.
--
Jennifer Uhrhane
www.detailphoto.com