From:
"BRENINGER, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 17:44:00 +1100
Does anybody out there have experience of joint ownership of objects
between the museum and the original owners? We may be acquiring some
trade union banners but the unions are reluctant to transfer ownership
of objects that have such strong meaning for their organisation but they
know they can't adequately care for them. Long term loan would be the
option they would be considering. We are reluctant to enter into long
term loans for all the usual reasons. So we are looking for other
options, or perhaps a loan agreement with conditions that would still
give us a lot of control over the object. Does anyone have any
experience with such an agreement or any other suggestions? Thanks