From:
Helen Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 22:46:55 -0800
At 11:31 AM 03/06/1996, Tim Bosher wrote:
>Can anyone help with recommending software for the management of
>memberships and subscriptions. Our current software is a bit dated and
>we're looking around for replacements.
>Salient features are:
>up to 20,000 members
>good mailmerge and zipcode sorting facilities
>ability to handle various payment type
>good reporting- particularly financial

I would recomend FileMaker Pro from Claris. The new version is multi level
and is an improvement over what has been a very versatile performer for the
Hallmark Society. It is very easy to learn and very easy to set up.

We maintain all our membership records, including membership categories,
the various fees, volunteer status and the activities members have
volunteered to do. This is in addition to the usual identification fields
(name, address, etc.) We also use this software to handle invoices.

We use  it in concert with Quicken to produce financial records. The use of
these two programmes has meant that we all as volunteers have more time to
do the fun things like archives and library duty. Bookkeeping and record
keeping are best done on a simple system.

Helen in sunny Victoria, B.C.

Helen Edwards,  Victoria, B.C. Canada
Owner, Bed Buddies - Toy makers
e-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Web page: http://www.islandnet.com/~helen