From:
Tim & Amy Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:47:41 -0900
Hi, Sarah,

I'd make sure to get certified straw (weed-free, etc.) from a reputable dealer.  As for the color of dirt, I'd call East Carolina University (or one closer to where you are) and ask for the archaeology department.  If they have someone on staff who's done work archaeologically in your area, they'll have the Munsell colors available so you can match it.  It's the easiest and most effective way of matching dirt color (other than gathering handfulls from different places).  :-)

Hope it works out for you!
Take Care,
Amy.