From:
Pamela Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:11:04 -0400
Due to declining enrollment in our monthly Saturday Children's
Programs, I am considering switiching from programs for which
preregistration is required and a small fee is charged ($7 per child)
to a free, drop-in program.  This will be coupled with greater outreach
to family audiences through a large community festival day and the
development of family activity kits to be checked out from the museum's
welcome desk.

For those of you who have drop-in weekend programs for children and
families, what advice can you offer?  How do you fund the programs?
Who teaches them?  What kind of attendance do you usually have for them?

Just as background, the Weatherspoon is a university art gallery that
focuses on twentieth century American art.  Our current
saturday childrens programs consist of interactive looking activities
in the gallery coupled with a related studio project.  They are
currently taught by either education staff (me) or area artists.

Thank you for any information you can share,

Pam Hill
Curator of Education
Weatherspoon Art Gallery, University of North Carolina at Greensboro