From:
David Condon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 21:05:21 -0500

> On Mon, 30 Jan 1995 [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me how to obtain a copy of the text of the display regarding
> > the dropping of the atomic bomb in Japan?
> >
> > I have heard so much about this, but without an appropriate knowledge of the
> > display, I am left out of the discussion.  (This does not mean that those
> > discussing this around shouldn't be left out of the discussion too! ;-))
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Sabin Peterson
> > Madison, WI
>
>      The documents amount to hundreds of pages, with myriad revisions.
> About 100 copies are in circulation, and no doubt it eventually circulate
> among the exhibition underground in samzidat form.
>      I would upload excerpts if not for the certainty that I would be
> accused of being unfairly selective, and have no desire to be assaulted
> in a bed that Air & Space Director Martin Harwit made and must lie in.

If anybody can lay their hands on any of these "samizdat" copies, I will
volunteer to scan and post them on a gopher server that will be accessible
from anywhere. We can show that we've improved on samizdat just a little
bit since the Soviet days. We have the technology.

Speaking for myself, not my employer.

--
David Condon, Librarian                   |        [log in to unmask]
Cleveland Museum of Natural History       |