From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:34:10 -0500
Yesterday, I suggested everyone read "Exhbiting a New Enthusiasm:
Demographic chagnes are bringing boom times to America's museums," in The
Washignton Post National Weekly Edition, pg 29.  It relates to the comments
below.

I would also suggest The 21st Century Nonprofit: Remaking the Organization
in the Post-Government Era by Paul B. Firstenberg.  It is published by the
Foundation Center.  Part 3 addresses approaches to expanding a non-profit's
revenue base, including "Converting to a For-Profit Enterprise."

Perhaps it is time we all take another look at that dirty world of
money-making.

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum