From:
Diane Bowden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:49:05 -0500
Hello Sarah,
I work for the Department of Canadian Heritage, the Canadian Heritage
Informtion Network (CHIN). We have just completed the 4th Edition of the
Collections Management Software Review. The Review examines 16 collections
management products that are available to the museum community. These
systems are used by museums to help them manage their collections etc.

To view the results of the recent software evaluations conducted by CHIN,
please visit our web site at the following address:
http://www.chin.gc.ca/English/Collections_Management/Software_Review/index.html

We have also developed an extensive criteria checklist of functions that
could be included in these systems. The museum community could uses this
on-line tool to help them define their requirements before looking at
different systems, please visit our web site at the following address:
http://www.chin.gc.ca/CMSR/checklist/index.cfm?fuseaction=login&lang=en

Also available to you are the CHIN Data Dictionaries, which contain a
description of database fields for museum collection and documentation. A
wide range of museums use this tool to help them to identify their
institution's information needs and standardize their documentation, please
visit our web site at the following address:
http://daryl.chin.gc.ca:8000/BASIS/chindd/user/wwwhe/SF

These resources are freely accessible online. Should you have any further
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

 Diane Bowden
Systems Analyst, Technology Assessment
Canadian Heritage Information Network
15 Eddy Street, 4th Floor