From:
Marielle Fortier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:50:21 -0500
Bats....I interned at a Museum a few summers ago that had female bats on the
fourth floor (covering everything with guano) and the male bats ruled the
first floor which also was the exhibit space.  They often set the motion
alarms off and employees would often find the space covered with urine in
the morning.  At another place we were bringing boxes down out of the attic
space and a baby bat fell out of a box.  The gentleman that I was working
with caught it and actually put it back into the attic space.  He didn't
have the heart to kill it.

I think I prefer to stick with the dermestids and maybe even the silverfish
we have here!!!

M. Fortier
Museum Registrar
Vermont