From:
Tamara Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 16:49:12 +0100
The exhibtion you mean was "dreamings", but most of the material was from
Australian colections, particularly the South Australian Museum. However
around that time - 1988/9, John Weber (New York gallery) made several major
purchases from Yuendumu in the Central Desert, and the Kinmberleys - and
Rover Thomas. I am sure these pieces will still be in his private
collection.

Tamara Lucas
Royal College of Art London

Five years ago (maybe more) the Asia Society in New York had a
terrific exhibition of aboriginal art, visualizations of the
"songlines" or paths the Ancestors trod as they sang the world
into existence. Don't know whether any of the works are now in
their permanent collection, but checking might be worthwhile.
My 1994 _Official Museum Directory_ lists the Asia Society
Galleries at 725 Park Avenue, NYC, 10021, tel.: 212-288-6400.
Ciao

Tamara Lucas
Royal College of Art
London