From:
Michelle Zupan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:38:48 -0500
In Caring for Your Collections, they recommend a highly diluted solution of
Simple Green.  It's non-toxic and will not leave a residue.  It should kill
germs as well.  The ratio of Simple Green to Water is 1:50. Test it in an
inconspicuous place, as some varnishes will discolor when exposed to water.

Best of luck.

Michelle

Curator
Hickory Hill
The historic home of Senator Thomas E. Watson.
502 Hickory Hill Drive
Thomson, GA  30824
Phone: 706.595.7777
FAX: 706.595.7177