From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 06:59:40 -0500
> The Land-based entertainment industry is hard upon our heels.  They have been
> discussing creating "museum-like" experiences.

Neil:  I never heard this term: Land based entertainment.  To what does
it refer?

I agree with your point about involving the intended audience in the
design of new spaces.  I am beginning a project to do just that with the
design of the new addition for the New York Hall of Science.

I was thinking of trying to use the internet as a way of engaging a
broad audience in thinking about the future design.  A web site with
drawings, proposed exhibitions, program spaces...I'm not sure about this
at this point.  How many here would like to join in a discussion about
the design of a new 50,000 square foot space in a science museum in New
York?  That isn't a rhetorical question.  Please respond off line to me
at [log in to unmask], as opposed to hitting return.

Eric Siegel
Director, Planning &
Program Development
The New York Hall of Science