From:
Nora Buriks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:20:54 -0600
Thanks to Mimi and the others for the information.  I didn't think the ratio
was 1-1 (male-female) for directors of art museums.  And, if you limit it to
the "top" echelon of art museums, I imagine the percentage of women
directors is even worse than 33%!  I'll check out the T&C article.

Yes, Ross, I was joking a bit about the museum "dress code", but it does
hold some truth.  Quite honestly, meeting with trustees or potential donors
is the main issue (and it's nice to look great when lecturing to non-museum
professional groups!)- sometimes the irregulars from Filene's basement just
don't cut it!  I certainly didn't mean to imply that Dockers and
shirtsleeves were anathema to gaining respect from one's colleagues, just
that it is another dichotomy in the on-going museum pay debate... :)