From:
Martha Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:37:12 -0400
Cecelia,

Teresa had some good suggestions.  While you're visiting museums around the
Jackson Square area (in the French Quarter) be sure to have coffee &
beignets at Cafe du Monde (be sure to lean over the plate or you'll have
white powdered sugar all over you).  Central Grocery is not far from the
square, and they have the best Muffalettas in town.  And try to visit the
French Market--great stuff!

The food is great!  You almost can't get a bad meal in places around the
French Quarter.  Also at the end of St. Charles, where it takes a sharp
right, there are some great restaurants.  Take the streetcar if you have
time.  The Audubon Park/Zoo is along the way--another great place.

Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Martha Battle Jackson
Registrar
North Carolina Historic Sites
4620 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC  27699-4620
(919) 733-7862, ext. 232; Fax: (919) 733-9515

E-mail correspondence to and from this sender may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.  The
views expressed by the sender may not reflect those of my agency.