From:
Jim Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:50:22 GMT
The Red Deer & District Museum, in central Alberta, is interested in
learning what other comparably-sized museums do w.r.t. natural history
collections. We have the Canadian Museum of Nature in Ottawa and the
Provincial Museum of Alberta in Edmonton with the type-specimen
collections, the Natural History Curators and so on. We assume that we
would collect that which is relevant to our local story, and possibly could
safely be exhibited temporarily at our nature centre or in our own
galleries.

Our community museum focuses primarily on the human story of our area, but
nature is part of it too! What do other , square foot museums / 85,000
artifact / 60,000 population cities do?

Thanks!

Jim Robertson
Kerry Wood Nature Centre