From:
"Gordon, Neil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:48:30 -0400
MMCNET is back on-line.  See below for a reminder about MMCNET.

To subscribe to a list, you can write to [log in to unmask] You
can also subscribe by visiting its ListBot page: http://MMCNET.listbot.com .

After you send or fill out a join request you will be sent a verification
request, to which you will have to reply in order to complete the join
process.

In the Fall of 1997 the Museum Management Committee launched MMCNET, the
electronic forum for the MMC.  Since then MMCNET has served as a discussion
area for museum management professionals from around the globe.  Topics have
range from sharing information about various contracting procedures, insight
on handling conflict of interest issues, and swapping job descriptions of
key personnel.  One interesting exchange related to ideas about compiling
"benchmark" data, so that we could all have half a chance of answering the
inevitable "how do we compare to" questions.  The suggestions has been made
that the MMC explore becoming the repository for such data -- another
project looking for a volunteer.

MMCNET has not yet reached its potential.  We know the potential audience is
much larger.  We need to tell our colleagues and get them involved. Post
those burning questions.  Offer the professional opinions that you have.
Vent your frustrations.  As a reminder:

MMCNET is maintained and supported for the Museum Management Committee by
The Children's Museum, Boston MA.

Neil H. Gordon
Vice President/CFO
The Children's Museum