From:
Michael MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:42:20 -0500
I am working up a claim for a trip I took last week.  I was told to  claim the IRS max of $0.325 per mile.  We (LBJ Library) are part of the National Archives and Records Administration (federal agency) and as of today no word has come down authorizing us to claim a higher amount.

If this changes I will post it.

Michael MacDonald
Museum Technician
Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum

>>> Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]> 03/17/00 01:18PM >>>
Is there any flurry of generosity toward museum staff who do lots of travel and must pay these exhorbitant fuel prices?  I'd be curious how many institutions have raised the mileage reimbursement to the IRS max., i.e., 32.5 cents?
Ross Weeks