Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 1994 17:21:59 -0800
Hello out there!  I am new to internet -- I could use some help and
guidance.

I would like to ask anyone out there if they may have knowledge of
any books, bibliography, article, or any information on the following
topics:

      The cult for Saint Gines of la Jara in Seventeenth century
Spain
      Any information on the life or legend of San Gines de la Jara
      Any information on the Monastery of San Gines de la Jara
      located in the region of Murcia in Spain
      Any images (in painting or sculpture) of San Gines
      Any information on the family Caro, a family of sculptors who
      worked mainly in Polychrome sculpture in Seventeenth century
Spain --        mainly in Murcia.

If you have knowledge of a better person for this information, please
let me know.

I work at the J. Paul Getty Museum in the Education and Academic
Affairs dept. as a Research Assistant.  I have been working on a
polychromed wood sculpture of San Gines de la Jara, ca. 1690s.  It is
probably from Murcia in Spain and is currently in our collections.

I would appreciate any help what so ever.  I have hit a dead end in
my work.

I wish to thank all of you out there, for reading my plea.  And if I
can assist any of you, it would be a pleasure.

Thank you!

Maite
J. Paul Getty Museum
Education and Academic Affairs
tel (310) 459-7611 x380 Fax (310) 454-8156
P.O. Box 2112
Santa Monica  CA  90407-2112