From:
JUDI BOBENAGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 13:16:15 EDT
The Museum Learning Collaborative (MLC) is a research project, funded by IMLS,
devoted to studying learning in museums.  We are pleased to announce a product
of the first phase of our work:  the development of a website that provides
information about the project.

A section of the website that may be of particular interest to the readers of
this Museum listserv is our annotated bibliography of research related to
learning in different kinds of museums.  At present, the bibliography consists
of approximately 1800 books, articles, and theses, 220 of which have been
reviewed by MLC researchers.  Updating this list is an ongoing effort, and a
search engine will be installed soon to enable users to search for literature
relating to museum type, themes from the MLC proposal, research categories, and
keywords.  We invite you to visit the site and hope it will help serve the
research needs of the Museum Education community.  Comments on and suggestions
for improvements and additions are welcomed.  The URL is
http://mlc.lrdc.pitt.edu/mlc

The next phase of our project will be to design and carry out research studies
in museum settings.  Study designs will be posted on the website in the hope
that they may serve as guides for others interested in designing their own
research about learning in museums.

Judith Bobenage
412-622-3375
Division of Education
Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, PA