From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 14:47:43 -0500
People For... is a cultural and political activist group. Here's their
description from the website (www.pfaw.org/abtpfaw.htm):

Founded in 1980 to monitor and counter the divisive agenda of the Religious
Right political movement, People For the American Way is working to build a
movement grounded in values that define what is best about our country.
Through
grassroots organizing, research and public education,lobbying at all levels
of government, and legal advocacy, we are working to engage more Americans
in civic and political action, to defend and strengthen vital institutions
like our public education system and public broadcasting system and to
protect individual and religious liberty.

People For the American Way is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization
representing more than 300,000 members and activists. People For's Action
Fund carries out our lobbying and advocacy work. We are headquartered in
Washington, D.C. with regional offices in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta,
and Boulder, Colorado, and state offices in Texas and Florida. The national
office
maintains an extensive research and video library of resources on Religious
Right political groups and leaders.

>Diane anybody,
>
>Forgive my ignorance but what is the "People for The American Way"?
>
>Hans
>

>"In space, no one can hear you scream...
> unless it is the battle cry of the United States Marines!"
>                Sgt. Major Bougus, Space: Above and Beyond
>
>                        Hoorah!
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Hans Hinners    [log in to unmask]
>California Museum of Science and Industry
>Los Angeles, Exposition Park
>(No, we don't have any dinosaurs. - Ha, laugh it's a joke.)
>(213) 744 - 2504    (213) 744 - 2034 FAX
>Opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by the CMSI.

David L. Green
Executive Director
NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR A NETWORKED CULTURAL HERITAGE
21 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington DC 20036
www-ninch.cni.org
202/296-5346                                  202/872-0884 fax