From:
Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:43:31 -0600
You might want to check with the National Gallery of Art which has been
Teacher's Institutes for years - they published a directory of
Teacher Programs in Art Museum in 1992.

We run one teacher's workshop each semester and one during the summer.  In
addition to soliciting ideas from teachers at the end of each workshop on
the evaluation form, we also have occassional focus group meetings with
teachers to determine needs.  We also work closely with the Curriculum
Director for the Public Schools, as integration of art into the curriculum
is a major focus for the museum.

We also have and education Focus Group for the Museum which includes the
Curriculum Director, at least one teacher, and members of the
University's elementary or art education programs.

Finally, I have two art teachers and several ex-teachers on my docent
staff who regularly review our programs and help to plan teachers
workshops.

Kathrine Schlageck
Beach Museum of Art
Kansas State University