From:
Caitlin McQuade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 09:46:55 -0500
Karen,

I'd be interested in responding to your questionnaire.

Some comments/questions about your project:

   "Museums still often fail to "teach" the subject rather than simply
   display."
      I strongly recommend that you carefully define "teach" for the
      purposes of your study. This will necessarily require that you define
      "learn," as well. There will be differing assumptions about these
      words' meanings among your survey subjects and among your study's
      audience.

   "What type of exhibition tools do visitors feel convey to them the
   subject
   best? (documentary films, specific interactives, narratives, audio,
   etc."
      It would interest me to know whether visitors' feelings about what
      best conveys subject matter produce different results than other
      measures.

Where are you studying?

Caitlin

Caitlin McQuade