From:
Forrest Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:13:53 -0600
Dear Roger, David, Jessica, and listers:

Please be careful when using gross generalities about architecture firms.
While it is true that architects love to work on museums, this demand has
created a highly competitive selection process. Not only does our firm
specialize in museum and cultural projects with over a dozen projects worth
of experience throughout the southwest (i.e. Navajo Museum, New Mexico Farm
& Ranch Museum, New Mexico Museum of Natural Science and History
Planetarium, IMAX theatre, and observatory addition, City of Albuquerque's
South Broadway Cultural Center, etc.), but we utilize Value Engineering
analysis during each milestone of every project and have worked with
planners (usually LORD Cultural Consultants) for most projects of this sort.
Our record of change orders for such projects is extremely low and our cost
and schedule control record is outstanding. These are only a few of the
reasons that our firm is very successful at winning cultural projects in the
Southwest and West Coast. However, regional competition for museum projects
is still very stiff and, despite our successes, I must assume our
competitors offer somewhat similar services to our own. I welcome a
discussion with anyone considering new facilities or will offer to put them
in touch with client contacts of any of relevant project for more
information about selecting an architect for your project.

Respectfully,

Forrest Courtney
DCSW Architects
320 Central Ave, SW