From:
Chuck Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:33:03 -0500
Parke-Bernet used to do "Heirloom Discovery Days" at museums around the country.  They looked like  mini-Antiques Roadshows with five or six appraisers who were skilled in various disciplines.  The event had to be hosted, not by the museum, but by a non-profit outside group such as
the Junior League, with profits designated to be given to the museum.  They were quite successful.
Regards,
Chuck Watkins
The Appalachian Cultural Museum