Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 1994 12:14:14 EST
Dave and others at Colonial Williamsburg -

I hope that the employees affected by this new drug testing
policy will get together on a response - It's not fashionable
to talk about unions these days, especially not in Virginia,
but this is exactly the kind of case where only a collective
response has a chance of working.

Refuse to be tested - they can't fire all of you, and they
would not want to lose the senior and prestigious people who
cannot be replaced. Take a stand in Williamsburg, with its
symbolic value for American liberties. You'll certainly get
media attention!

The previous policy seems rational and supportable - you could
endorse that, perhaps.

Just my opinion - I'm not the one whose job is in danger. But
as the comment on Hitler was meant to suggest, bystanders can't
just stand by - because eventually, they WILL come for us.

If you want letters of support, or any other help from the
wider museum community, send out the word.

Carol Ely
Virginia Discovery Museum
Charlottesville

(standard disclaimer here)