From:
CarolM5397 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 09:14:15 -0500
Our museum has been named as beneficiary in a will and was to receive an
original piece of art stated to value a relatively large sum. Accompanying
legal documented required (requested) a notarized signature etc. etc. Yet
in the text of the documents the museum would have agreed , that in case
of debt or obligation of the estate of the deceased that might come to
light sometime in the next (7?) years, we agree to return not the art but
the stated value of the art in money. We haven't signed. Is this common?
Sounds like bad news to me. The executors of the estate have indicated
some lack of experience in this regard of leaving art to museums. Anyone
out there have any experience with these circumstances?

Carol Morgan
Director: Demuth Foundation
Lancaster, PA

E-mail: Carol [log in to unmask]