From:
Cindy Boyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:19:25 -0400
Congratulations Wade!

Our local CBS affiliate carried the story of your opening. They also mentioned about McCain's political grandstanding in stopping Clinton and Schumer's efforts to get government funding for your museum.

I have a commemorative memory for you. While I was a bit too young at 14 years to attend the original Woodstock 3 days of Love and Music, I did grow up south of the area - and two or three years later friends and I would drive to the site on the anniversary, stop along the side of the road, eat granola and raw cashews, drink - something - and play music.

Perhaps 3 or 4 other people would show up.  Did we recognize the importance of Woodstock?  Or was it just something fun to do on an August day, when gas was 33 cents a gallon?

Anyway - best to you on your first summer season.  I hope to get down your direction in the next few months.

Cindy Boyer
Director of Museums and Education
The Landmark Society of Western New York
133 S. Fitzhugh St.
Rochester NY  14608
(585) 546-7029 ext. 12

The Landmark Society:  Revitalizing Yesterday, Protecting Today, and Planning for Tomorrow

www.landmarksociety.org
Confessions of a Preservationist: The Landmark Society blog
Facebook / MySpace