From:
Jan McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 11:13:30 -0600
Greetings:

I just finished a Christmas exhibit that described what was happening in
the town 100years ago (1898). I went to the local library and spent an hour
or two looking specifically at the week before Christmas and the week after
Christmas in 1898. This might also help you. Otherwise I would set up a
tree with decorations of that period, including small candles. A bucket was
also kept nearby the tree in case of fire back then.

Good Luck!
Jan M. Educator