From:
Leonard Will <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 1995 11:22:10 GMT
Depending on what you want to know about the Great Exhibition of 1851, it
would probably be worth contacting the libraries of some of the bodies
which arose from it: The Victoria and Albert (V&A) Museum, The Science
Museum, and Imperial College.

The Science Museum Library (where I worked until about a year ago)
certainly has the official catalogues of the exhibition, some reports
from delegations of other countries, and many of the prospectuses
of the exhibitors. If you write to them explaining exactly what you want to
know, I'm sure they would be pleased to help. Write to the Information
Service, Science Museum Library, South Kensington, London, SW7 5NH, United
Kingdom. Fax +44 171 938 8213.

I don't know an email address for the Information Sevice itself, but if you
want to use email you could send it to the Systems Librarian, Colin
Neilson, at [log in to unmask] and he will no doubt pass your enquiry on.
(Blame me for bothering him, if you like!)

As the Science Museum Library and Imperial College Libraries are working in
close cooperation an enquiry to one can draw on the resources of both
(especially if you ask that they should).

The address of the V&A library is National Art Library, Victoria & Albert
Museum, Cromwell Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 2RL, United Kingdom.
Fax: +44 171 938 8461. Try them if you are particularly interested in art
rather than science and technology.

I hope these leads help.

Leonard Will

--
Dr Leonard D Will                           Tel: +44 181 366 7386
Information Management Consultant           Fax: +44 181 366 0916