From:
"C. Laibly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 13:31:03 -0600
        What is all this "middle-aging" doohickey? I am 27 and I LOVE
museums. I loved them as a child on vacation to the Smithsonian NMNH, I
loved them as an airman in Darmstadt, Germany.I relished the Moscow Museum
of Paleontology in Russia, and even enjoyed the pseudo-museum shops in
Pakistan. Museums are spectacular. I can spend hours in a museum and turn
around the next day and see the same one again. They are a fascinating
collection of objects, workers, people and attitudes. They offer a variety
of moods and thought enhancing exhibits. I would be placed in the
GenX age zone, although I have to admit the MTV attitude ( which is the
origination of GenXers, ie. they grew up with Martha Quinn, Collin Hayes,
Sting, and that bad boy Billy Idol) is foreign to me. If I sit on a couch
for more than an Hour, I've got ants-in-my-pants!
        I take myself to museums. I go with friends and/or my significant
other. I will take my kids there.
 They are such excellent places to get a visual and a real idea of
the many things you have read about in the dry classroom environment of
middle school, high school, and college.  I just can't understand how
ANYONE would not want to spend a weekend here and there in a museum,
learning from a firsthand knowledge base. Getting the whole picture of a
subject, so to speak.

WhaHoO! Luv those museums...Baby!

Chad Laibly
University of Iowa