Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 12:29:06 +0200

I'm an italian student of the architecture university in Milan. I'm
doing a research on Virtual museums and museums on the web.
Therefore I kindly ask if you have any material on which I'll be
interested in.
I already red some articles of the Museum conference of march 1997 held
in
L.A. In some ways it was interesting, however I expected to find a
social
aspect of the argument, not only a technical one. For example, how do
people interact with virtual museums? Aren't  the owners of  museums
afraid that the developments of "virtual museums" will replace the
traditional ones? Are they aware of  the changing nature of the
traditional, quiet and "real" museum-visiting experience into a more
superficial and quick one. Did they never think about creating an
on-line interaction with different organizations in order to create an
awareness of knowledge, production, and richness among international
communities?
Well these are only a part of the questions of which I'd like an
answer.
I'll also be pleased to find answers on articles or interesting web
pages that you kindly propose.

Thanks