From:
Wesley Creel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:03:31 -0400
Good Afternoon  All,
1.)  Does your museum have a Board approved....or Governing Authority
approved policy, regarding nepotism in the workplace? Our museum has a
nepotism policy that refers to immediate family, but it does NOT define what is
an immediate family.
2.)  As you can well imagine, there is always someone who may ask the
question, "What is the museum's definition of immediate family?" Before we go
off and re-invent the wheel.......I would appreciate receiving a definition
of "immediate family" that has been approved by a board or governing
authority.
3.)  Our attorney has suggested that we use the following:
"Parents, brothers, sisters, children, relatives supported financially, father-in-
law, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law." This definition is
incorporated in the National Association of Securities Dealers Rules of Fair
Practice on abuses of hot issues through such practices as Freeriding and
Withholding. The ruling prohibits the sale of such securities to members of a
broker-dealer's own family or to persons buying and selling for institutional
accounts and their families.  This definition looks good....BUT.....
4.)  It should be noted that the definition in paragraph #3 would allow the
hiring of 1st cousins.........Being a "Southern Boy" I can tell you that no
Southerners were present when the National Association of Securities Dealers
wrote that definition......because in a Southern kinship system cousins
are "almost" like brothers and sisters......Being located in the heart of the Mid-
South, you can appreciate why we are taking care in writing this definition.
Thanks for your time and consideration and....
Have a wonderful weekend!
Wesley
Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs