From:
Betty Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:17:25 -0500
Taylor Studios offers a line of artifact and fossil reproductions.
Obviously, these are not the same as a work of art, but we've addressed
some of the same issues.  Many of the original specimens were owned by
others.  In some instances we offer a royalty on the sale of the
reproductions.  Other times we will give the original owner several free
reproductions for the right to sell casts.  These arrangements need to
be worked out on an individual basis.

As amalyah keshet touched on, be sure to analyze your market before
going into production.  With an item that is individually hand cast and
painted there is a tremendous amount of time involved.  You also have to
consider the mold life, material price fluctuations, market potential,
marketing materials, administrative tasks and paperwork, accounting
software,....  Given all these expenses will the market bare the price
you need to charge to make a profit?

Betty Brennan
Taylor Studios, Inc.
http://www.shout.net/~taylor