From:
James Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:34:59 -0400
Yes another historian has also refuted this study as have many others, last
year.His argument although valid also casts many presumptions. Last year i
saw a exhibition on quilts and sat through a discussion panel on these
specimens and was intrigue when they but them together they laid out
Delaware and NJ and showed several homes on the trail(e.g. Godwin Sisters
House). The hisrorians who have taken sides are many in fact one wrote that
the study is to young to really speculate more and inyensive study should
have been done. In plain view is one of many points. A good example of many
viewpoints are the Salem Witchcraft trials, after viewing numerous arguments
were they really about witchcraft, i will send you the info i have on them
if you like if and when i remember where i put em their here somewhere, so
to say its a misconception , maybe not( and i dint learn about em in school
at any point when you said it was the firstb time i heard about the teaching
of materialsin school) They also used various color quilts to tell slaves
which were safe houses and which were not, Any masters student need a thesis
topic?  sorry to contradict but yes i live in New Jersey and you know us we
have always brought conflict on this nation(laughs) Any way thanks for the
info I am reading the many links including the one from the Historical
commission and Yes I'm in NJ( unless we suceded like we attempted to do 20
years ago) but thats another story...God Bless