From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:46:20 +1200
Tchira,

The organisation you should join is ICOM MPR !   Can I suggest that you
contact Barbara Hope, the secretary of MPR.  Her address is:

ICOM MPR has over 500 hundred members world wide and also their own WWW page.

Let me know if you havce any problems contacting Barbara

Roger Smith
Immediate Past Chair of ICOM MPR

My name is Tchira Seligman and I am the Public Relations Associate at The
Jewish Museum San Francisco, where I've been doing the PR thing for about 2½
years.  I'm looking to expand my press lists and contacts, and network with
other PR folk.

I feel that I already have a good press list and press contacts (my media
list is currently over 60 pages), but I want to expand -- and confirm -- what
I already have in the following areas:

1. San Francisco Bay Area neighborhood and alternative publications and web
sites
2. Jewish publications (regional, state, national, international), TV/radio
stations and
    web sites
3. A comprehensive list of the top art critics in the U.S.

I am currently doing PR for two photography exhibitions, Russia in Black and
White:  The Photojournalism of Yevgeny Khaldei and A Family Album:
 Photographs from the Russian Jewish Emigre Community.  I have a list of
about 15 photography publications (national and international), but I would
like to know of any web sites devoted to photography, as well.  I'm also
looking for publications and web sites devoted to world history and Soviet
history -- especially those focusing on WWII and Russia in the 20th century
-- and immigration.

I know this is quite a large request, but any assistance in any of these
areas would be greatly appreciated.  I am more than willing to offer any
assistance that I can, as well! If anyone is ever in S.F., please drop by --
admission is always free for fellow museum/arts organization employees.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you all out there soon. :)

<---- End Included Message ---->