From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:09:15 -0400
National Civil Rights Museum, Memphis TN - which incorporates the
Lorraine Motel on whose balcony Martin Luther King Jr. was shot. NAACP
Henry Lee Moon Library has a civil rights archive and Flager College in
St. Augustine has/is building a significant one.  You could check with
the archives at Harvard to see if they have significant correspondence
on the topic.

>>> [log in to unmask] 4/28/2010 9:07 AM >>>
Our small local history museum had a misdeirected call yesterday from a
potential donor who has (I think) three 1966 letters written to her by a
friend who was in the middle of the conflicts during the civil rights
movement. The only thing I remember her mentioning about the content was
the writer's description of bodies in the streets.

She said the letter writer went to Harvard and wondered if she should
donate the letters there. I said I wouldn't think to look to Harvard for
related material if I was researching the civil rights movement, but
that I would post here to ask what the most suitable repository is. Can
you help?

Thank you.
Lynne

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at