From:
Bayla Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 1994 22:45:49 GMT
At the ASTC meeting in Portland, I spoke to Barbara Brock,
ASTC Human REsources and Operations Manager [log in to unmask]
about the difficulty faced by independents wrt the Compuserve charges.

How, I asked, can folks w/out jobs etc be expected to shell out that
kind of $$ to look at the want ads?

Barbara was very sympathetic, and pointed out that the monthly
ASTC publication, "Job Bank" is available in hardcopy for much less.
It's free to "interested parties" and comes out monthly.

There is a section called "Resume Data Bank" -- a jobseeker can
send a resume and short narrative extract: for a $15 fee, the
abstract will be printed in three months' issues, and a copy of
the resume will be sent to all who inquire.

I thought this was the sort of thing ASTC should be shouting
from the rooftops.

For additional information, write or fax:

   ASTC Job Bank
   1025 Vermont Ave NW
   Suite 500
   Washington DC 20005