From:
Tree Ring Circus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 09:42:50 -0900
        At the University of Alaska Museum we host and annual
Identification Day, when we invite the community to bring in their
objects for the staff to identify. It's always on a Saturday
and results in tremendous good will and exposure for the museum.
It's all done in a spirit of fun. We set up tables in the atrium,
and stand in front of a line of nice people wanting to know
what their things are.
        We enjoy the whole experience every year, and it does tend
to cut down on the day-to-day "What's this?"
        Mike Lewis
        University of Alaska Fairabnks