From:
Lisa Moellering <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:16:30 -0500
We had a quilt exhibit, called "Cover Them" and it was one of the most
visited exhibits we have had.  The quilts were beautiful, the theme involved
children and tied in to the fact that a number of children were killed in
the Holocaust.  Numerous quilts were donated for the exhibit (all baby
and/or children's quilts) and visitors were asked to take a quilt and give
to a child who needed it. Some of the stories were heartbreaking - I
remember one man coming in and saying he was taking the quilt to give to his
granddaughter who had just been born with a serious birth defect.

Lisa Moellering
Librarian/Archivist/Registrar
Holocaust Museum Houston
5401 Caroline Street