From:
Scott Marchand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:25:28 -0700
>I'm searching WW2 museums.

There are a number of very respectable war musuems, and related types, in
and around Calgary, AB, Canada.

The premiere one is the MUSEUM OF THE REGIMENTS,  with seperate galleries
for the STRATHCONA'S, 2ND BATTALION PPCLI, THE CALGARY HIGHLANDERS, etc.,
They have a very incredible collection of anything associated with these
regiments in the last 100 years or so. From the Boer war up to the current
peeacekeeping operations in the Former Yugoslavia. I don't know if they
have a web page but a search with the titles above would probably turn up
something.

In addition there is THE NAVAL MUSEUM OF ALBERTA (they have a very rare
Seafire, and a Sea fury), THE CALGARY AEROSPACE MUSEUM, a strong collection
of rare warbirds and civilian aircraft, similar is THE NANTON LANCASTER
SOCIETY, dedicated to rebuilding a Lancaster.

I also perform duties as assistant to the curator of Military History at
the Glenbow Museum, Calgary. I can state unequivocally that we have an
impressive and diverse collection of top notch artifacts and documentation.

A little further afield is the CANADIAN WAR MUSEUM attached to THE MUSEUM
OF CIVILIZATION in OTTAWA.

If you'd like more details feel free to contact me off the list at

Scott Marchand