From:
ed sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:20:00 -0700
and then there are artifacts with mercury in them!

Sine we have  electrical items in displays there are some with mercury in
them.

more on this, remember the valley well mall demolition? one of the abatement
items to keep uncle happy was the removal of the mercury wall switches and
thermostats.

florescent light  tubes also have a little in them.

Thinking back on my childhood, we  used to bring the stuff to school and
roll big blobs of it around on the class room floor.... also I seem to
remember a scheme to coat pennies with the stuff and  make them look as
though they were dimes....

now... if a small thermometer was to break out would come the hazmat team,
secure the room, detoxify it etc etc....

It is a wonder I am still alive !

ed!